Tuesday, 23 November 2010

stuff

Interesting program on last night
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wdlkz

Do artists/creative practitioners have more responsibility than other m
I feel that as an artist / creative practioner I have a responsibility, as every member of society does when addressing social issues. However if you are in the public eye, in some way, your responsibility becomes greater, or maybe your reasons for your opinions need to be explained.
If your art is showing something ethically sensitive, I feel it needs to be accompanied with a clear explanation of your message and reasons.

Some artists will use things/icons/images to get a reaction or to grab the attention of the viewer, like Kira O'Reilly.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-401165/Its-art-says-naked-woman-wholl-hug-dead-pig-stage.html

How about Ai WeiWei on Imagine
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007ght1/episodes/player

Some things I find too shocking to watch or look at and don't feel it is art, but that is my opinion.
I have ethics that I hope if / when I become a practicing artist/photographer I will stay true to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment