Thursday, 11 November 2010

exhibitions,events or screenings I am planning on attending before xmas

http://www.colstonhall.org/whatson/Event2068

visitbristol.co.uk

'Shaped by war' - Don McCullin

http://www.victoriagal.org.uk/exhibitions/current_exhibitions.aspx
Went to see the exhibition yesterday. It was amazing, thought provoking, moving, emotional, inspiring. 










This was really interesting to see Don McCullin's working outs for the darkroom




Frida Kahlo museum

www.museofridakahlo.org.mx/serviciosfranc.html
Visited on 5th Nov 







 'Avonmouth to the Amazon' - Barry Cawston

http://www.artrabbit.com/all/events/event/21816/avonmouth_to_the_amazon_an_exhibition_of_contemporary_photography_by_barry_cawston 
http://www.barrycawston.com/portfolio.html 





My son Leo like these photos the best.

 'Britain from the air'

www.britainfromtheair.com
Came across this exhibition in the streets of Bath while out with my son and husband. What a great place to exhibit work. It captures the attention of so many people walking by, who may have never been to see a photography exhibition in their lives.
How beautiful Britain is. My favorite are the ones that make you look twice as you can't quite work out what they are. they are textures and patterns.




http://www.thephotogallery.org.uk/ 
I have seen this, but brieifly with my son, who was enjoying running around in the foyer of the Colston Hall. I need to try and go back again on my own.


Totterdown art trail
http://www.frontroom.org.uk/
 

The Totterdown art trail was on all weekend from Fri 19th - Sun 21st Nov. Various artists were exhibiting their work inc a really intereseting idea of a group of people recording every day for a year. I wish I had ideas like that...... 
http://www.photooftheday.org.uk/photos/gallery
There was also work from Outside Art, Filton College, doing live graffiti at Arnos Vale Cementary with Inkie and of course Oli Timmins oh and my husband! Great..






http://www.kwmc.org.uk/index.php?article=604 
Private view is on my Birthday so will see it at some other time.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment